Mr. M.B. Adelson

Mr. M.B. Adelson

Tallahassee, FL

  • user-graduate Education Florida State University College of Law and Florida State University College of Law
  • Experience 34 years of experience year
Share the profile
Offers Free Consultation

Practice Areas

Environmental Law
Gov & Administrative Law
Real Estate Law
Environmental Law

Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice

  • Florida
    Since 1987

Spoken Languages

  • German: Spoken, Written

Working hours

  • Monday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
  • Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
  • Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
  • Thursday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
  • Friday: 8:30 AM - 6 PM
  • Saturday: Closed
  • Sunday: Closed


  • Notice: Saturday and Sunday by appointment


M.B. Adelson, LL.M. - Practices throughout Florida and consults nationwide, on property and property rights law, natural resources (especially water) and environmental law; title and boundary issues, easements, shoreline property rights and submerged lands; public lands, resource conservation, fisheries resources; boat ramps, docks, marinas and waterway access; local, state and federal regulatory agency licensing, permitting, compliance and remediation; firearms personal ownership and firearms business laws; professional ethics; provides representation in administrative and judicial trials and appellate litigation. Mr. Adelson is a certified mediator, a member of The Florida Bar, and is admitted in the Florida federal courts. He served in the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and the Florida Department of Natural Resources; and has been in private practice since 2001. He holds a B.A. (1973) from Virginia Military Institute, an M.S. (1979) and M.B.A. (1981) from Florida Institute of Technology, and a J.D. (1987) and LL.M. (2012) from Florida State University College of Law. His LL.M. Dissertation studied shoreline property rights and associated access/egress easements. He is a retired US Army officer, a former rugby player (1971 - 1987), and he enjoys outdoor sports and recreation. He is a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder, and he advises and supports firearms owners, manufacturers, retailers and shooting ranges. He is a Life Member of the National Rifle Association, Ducks Unlimited, North American Fishing Club, and he supports Olympic, military and youth marksmanship teams. He regularly presents Continuing Legal Education seminars and webinars for National Business Institute (www.nbi-sems) and others in the above-described practice areas.

Professional Experience

  • Managing Shareholder
    Adelson Law Firm
    2004 - Current

Professional Associations

  • Florida State Bar # 694215
    1987 - Current


  • Florida State University College of Law
    LL.M. (2012) | water resources, environmental law
    2009 - 2012


  • Certified Civil Circuit and County Court Mediator
    certified by the Florida Supreme Court


  • Distinguished Attorney, with Very High Ethical Standards (BV)
    Martindale Hubbel

Speaking Engagements

  • Firearms Law and Gun Trusts, Presenter for CLE conferences , national webinar
Legal Answers
  • Q. I have title to a mobile home that lives on jointly owned property. If there is a partition, can I take the trailer?
    A: Sounds like you own the trailer yourself - and for 17 years your siblings have not asked for rent for the trailer space. Do all 3 of you share the house? Or, is it rented out to a non-family member, or along those same financial lines, is one of your siblings living in it? "Somebody" should look at how the value (or the rent, or the rent that can be claimed...) is actually being divided - 50-25-25 ? Who pays the taxes and insurance? In the perfect "answer" you would be telling me that you 3 sibs have a joint checking account, all 3 of you put money in it, and y6ou are "fairly" paying the taxes, insurance, upkeep according to the interest you have (your inheritance shares) and having the 2d dwelling (the mobile home) either shares the water/utilities or it has its own account. A partition is not your "first" option to sort this out - try meeting and working out something - or go to a formal mediator - before anybody files a lawsuit!
    February 15, 2017


  • Free Consultation