Jason  Siegel

Jason Siegel

Our firm has over 50 years experience in Probate. Call for Free consultation!

Miami Lakes, FL


  • user-graduate Education University of Florida Levin College of Law
  • Experience 15 years of experience year
Share the profile
Offers Video Conferencing
Social Networks

More Ways To Connect

Practice Areas

Estate Planning
Real Estate Law

Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice

  • Florida
    The Florida Bar

Spoken Languages

  • English: Spoken, Written

Video Conferencing


Professional Experience

  • Attorney
    The Siegel Law Firm, P.A.

Professional Associations

  • The Florida Bar # 36519


  • University of Florida Levin College of Law
    J.D. | Law
    Honors: With Honors


  • How to Avoid Probate in Florida
    Jason Siegel, Esq.
    November 30, 2021
Legal Answers
  • Q. How to add my sister and my name to the title of a property after my mother passed away.
    A: I would recommend checking the Miami Dade Property Appraiser's website at https://www.miamidade.gov/pa/property_search.asp to review the deed on the property. Does the deed state that your mother, along with your aunt and uncle, owned the property with rights of survivorship or does it say tenants in common? If it states rights of survivorship then likely your aunt and uncle are now the owners of the property. I would then discuss this with a qualified real estate/estate planning attorney to have a deed from aunt and uncle to you and your sister. I agree with another attorney on this thread that it would be advisable to get a title policy issued for this conveyance. It will cost more money but it will ensure you and your sister have a good title to this property. There could also be some additional issues if there is a loan on the property and once you are on title you should contact the homeowner's insurance agent to make sure you and your sister are covered as an insured on the policy.
    December 2, 2021


  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information Contact for details.