John W. Chambers Jr

John W. Chambers Jr

Chambers, Chambers & Chambers, LLP

Atlanta, GA

  • user-graduate Education Emory University School of Law
  • Experience 43 years of experience year
Share the profile

Practice Areas

Business Law
Estate Planning
Gov & Administrative Law
Real Estate Law
Business Law

Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice

  • Georgia
    Since 1979

Spoken Languages

  • English: Spoken, Written

Professional Experience

  • Partner
    Chambers, Chambers & Chambers, LLP
    1979 - Current

Professional Associations

  • Estate Planning Council of North Georgia


  • Emory University School of Law
    1976 - 1979
Legal Answers
  • Q. What's the difference between setting up a health care directive to carry out my medical wishes if I become unable to
    A: In an advance directive for health, the principal (i.e., the person who executes the document) may appoint an agent to make health care decisions. If he appoints an agent, then the advance directive is a medical power of attorney. Another type of power of attorney is a financial power of attorney whereby the principal appoints an agent and grants the agent various powers to conduct financial transactions. In Georgia, it is common for a person to have both an advance directive for health care and a financial power of attorney as part of his or her estate planning. This response is intended to provide general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship. You should consult with an estate planning attorney if you have questions.
    October 19, 2018