Lloyd M. Nolan

Lloyd M. Nolan

Law Office of Lloyd Nolan

Chesterfield, MO


  • user-graduate Education Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
  • Experience 38 years of experience year
Share the profile
Offers Free Consultation & Video Conferencing
Social Networks

More Ways To Connect

Practice Areas

Estate Planning
Personal Injury

Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice

  • Illinois
    Supreme Court of Illinois

Spoken Languages

  • English: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written

Video Conferencing



It's a difficult time when a loved one passes away but there are tasks that need to be completed promptly to ensure your loved one's intentions are fulfilled and that property passes as planned. You have only one year from date of death to open a Probate Estate in Missouri. You need an experienced attorney to handle the probate process and the legal issues.Many smart people have no Estate Plan whatsoever. Making an estate plans may seem unpleasant, or something to put off for the distant future. However, If you have no Will, then the law of your State will determine who receives your assets. It generally costs much more to handle a probate estate when there is no Will, because the courts usually require a surety bond. If you are a single person, consider this. it may be more difficult to determine your heirs, particularly if you have no children or siblings. Beyond this, you may not want all of your assets to be distributed to your next of kin. If you have no Will or Trust, you have no control over how your estate is distributed. Everyone should do some Estate planning, even if it's just the basics of a Will and power of attorney. Everyone needs a Power of Attorney, because this allows you to grant authority to a trusted person to handle your affairs in the even of your disability or incapacity.If you want to avoid Probate, and keep your Estate Plan private, consider setting up a Living Trust. A Living Trust transfer assets without a Probate Court and care for you in the event of a disability.I handle each case personally. I have 37 years experience in Probate, Estate Planning, DWI Defense, and Auto Accident Injury cases. I am licensed to practice in both Missouri and Illinois. I have handled every stage and level of litigation, both trials and appeals. My varied experience helps me to effectively address my clients' needs, even where areas of law overlap

Professional Experience

  • Owner - Attorney
    Law Office of Lloyd Nolan
    1992 - Current

Professional Associations

  • Missouri State Bar
    1985 - Current


  • Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
    J.D. | Law
    1981 - 1984

Speaking Engagements

  • Moot Court Judge, Carbondale, Illinois
Legal Answers
  • Q. My wifes grandparents died and had a will . Now its in probate and close to being settled but judge okay'd sell of
    A: If your wife is an heir, she entitled to see all documents filed with the Court, including the Will (if there was one), and all Inventories of the property. When the Estate is ready for settlement, she is entitled to a copy of the Final Settlement or Statement of Account, which is a full accounting of all receipts and disbursements. If the personal representative (executor) is not forthcoming with information, your wife should contact the attorney for the Estate. Your wife would be entitled to object to the Final Settlement or Statement of Account and Proposed Distribution if she believes that it is incomplete or that property has been left out, or that there are problems with the accounting. I say all this based upon the assumption that your wife is actually an heir or legatee in the estate. If your wife does not receive, or is not satisfied with, the information from the attorney for the estate, she should consult an attorney.
    July 15, 2022


  • Free Consultation I offer a free phone consultation, up to 10 minutes, on all new matters.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees I accept all Injury Cases on a contingent fee basis with no attorney's fees upfront. You pay me nothing until you recover.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information I strive to provide basic legal information and answer basic questions over the phone for my clients. If I don't have the answer or solution to your issue, I'll help you find someone who does.