Jennifer Lynn Cervantes

Jennifer Lynn Cervantes

Cervantes &
Cervantes, PLC

Fredericksburg, VA

  • user-graduate Education Liberty University School of Law
  • Experience 9 years of experience year
Share the profile

Please See the FEES Section; Fees may apply

Social Networks

More Ways To Connect

Practice Areas

Construction Law
Immigration Law
Business Law
Construction Law

Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice

  • Maryland

Spoken Languages

  • English

Professional Experience

  • Partner
    Cervantes & Cervantes, PLC

Professional Associations

  • AILA member


  • Liberty University School of Law
Legal Answers
  • Q. I am a US citizen. My husband's 2-year green card expired 3 years ago (while overseas). Can he get 10-year card now?
    A: You really need to contact an immigration attorney. From what I understood from your question: he obtained his green card based on your marriage and obtained a conditional 2 yr. green card. He then left country and remained overseas. In order to remain a permanent resident, a conditional permanent resident must file a petition to remove the condition during the 90 days before the card expires. To remove the conditions on a green card based on marriage, you must have filed Form I-751,Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence. During this time there were residency requirements, which your husband failed to meet. There may be other remedial measures for your husband at this point but more information would be necessary. You really need to contact an immigration attorney.
    July 10, 2017


  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees