Steve Miyares

Steve Miyares

Your guide you to navigate the legal maze.

Norfolk, VA

  • user-graduate Education University of Richmond School of Law
  • Experience 18 years of experience year
Share the profile
Offers Free Consultation

Practice Areas

Criminal Law
Traffic Tickets
Estate Planning
Family Law
Criminal Law

Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice

  • Virginia
    Since 2003

Spoken Languages

  • English: Spoken, Written


A resident of Virginia Beach for over 30 years, Mr. Miyares has deep roots in our community. A graduate of Kellam High School in Virginia Beach, Mr. Miyares went on to attend Old Dominion University in Norfolk. After earing a B.S. in Political Science in 2000, Mr Miyares earned his J.D. in 2003 from the T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond. After his admission to the Virginia Bar in 2003, Mr. Miyares proudly worked in the office of the Norfolk Public Defender. During 8 years in that office, Mr. Miyares gained valuable trial practice experience defending all types of cases ranging from minor misdemeanors to serious violent felony offenses. In 2011, Mr. Miyares teamed up with a collegue to form the law firm of Miyares and Knight, P.C. and expanded his practice to include additional areas of civil litigation. Since 2013 when his partner left the practice of law, Mr. Miyares has worked as a solo practitioner focused on developing strong attorney-client relationships that combine efforts to make sure the client fully understands the law in his or her case with aggressive trial representation to protect the client's interests.

Professional Experience

  • Owner/Attorney
    Law Office of Steven Miyares
    2014 - Current

Professional Associations

  • Virginia State Bar # 65755


  • University of Richmond School of Law
    J.D. (2003)
    2000 - 2003
Legal Answers
  • Q. I'm moving to Canada and I have no court order to even have visitation of my son how do I make it so he can visit me?
    A: Moving to Canad is a significant chamge in circumstances since the Court last made a custody decision 5 years ago. Based on the chang in circumstances, you can petitin the court to modify the visitation schedule from the prior order. You should consult with an attorney to help you pursue the best optins in your particular situation.
    December 17, 2018


  • Free Consultation Free initial consultation and case evaluation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted All major credit cards
  • Contingent Fees Schedule a free consultation for full fee details and arrangements